AENC Scholarship Program
Scholarship Opportunities - Contact Madi McDougald.
The AENC scholarship program is supported by funding raised during the AENC Annual Meeting Silent Auction. AENC offers the following scholarships:
This scholarship awards an individual up to $1,000 towards earning the CAE, CMP or other industry related designation.
This scholarship awards an individual who has been in the association management profession five years or less, up to $1,000. It can be used for any association management related professional development program.
This scholarship awards $1,500 to be used towards tuition for the first year at the Institute for Organization Management, administered by the US Chamber of Commerce.
Mary K. Doherty Award
This scholarship awards up to $1,000 to be used towards industry related professional development.
Operation Annual Meeting
In order to encourage professional development, this scholarship provides one association management professional with key expenses to the AENC Annual Meeting. Includes registration, $50 gas card, and one night stay at the host hotel. This Scholarship is for 2020 Annual Meeting.
AENC FUEL Young Professionals
This scholarship awards up to $1,000 to help advance an individual in Association Management by assisting with costs associated with either an AENC event or Professional Development. Any individual under the age of 40 who is a member in good standing with AENC may apply. FUEL participants are encouraged to apply but FUEL participation is not a requirement to win the scholarship.
To be eligible for a scholarship you must:
- be a current member of AENC,
- complete the application in its entirety,
- email your resume, CV or LinkedIn profile to email@example.com.
- Affiliate/CVB members may apply for all scholarships except the Operation Annual Meeting, Rising Star and AENC FUEL Young Professionals scholarships.
- Applicants may receive a maximum of one scholarship in the year under consideration.
- Current AENC Board Members and Current Scholarship & Awards Committee members are ineligible for scholarships.
- Individuals who received scholarships within the past three fiscal years (Sept 1 - August 31) are ineligible for scholarship consideration.
Guidelines for Scholarship Recipients
- Scholarships are non-transferable. Funding must be used, and receipts submitted to AENC, by the announced deadline
- Scholarship funds may not be used for programs attended prior to September 1 of the year that it was awarded.
- Scholarship funds will be released
- Prior to the event in question, upon submission of the required request form with the event registration form, OR
- After the event in question, upon submission of approved expense receipts incurred through attendance at the event.
- Scholarship recipients will be announced at the AENC Fall Conference.
Winner, AENC 2014-15 Project Designation Award